May is officially marked as Military Appreciation Month and is a special month for both those in and out of the military.
It is important to recognize all branches of veterans, past and present, all men and women, all patriots, who committed their lives blindly without knowing where their service would take them or how extraordinary their sacrifice would be. Being committed to a cause takes courage. Unfortunately, courage is not something that comes easy for anyone.
However, when people come to believe in themselves or a cause, they become courageous. They know who they are and what they stand for. They have strong values, recognize their capabilities, and are confident in meeting the challenges that lie before them. Courageous people are passionate and purposeful.
So many veterans have given their time, others have missed important events in their lives and others have given their lives for us as a nation. So let's come together this month, and take an opportunity to show our support for family members, friends, and those in your community who are or were active military personnel.
As a company, MOJO Believes...
It’s our responsibility to honor those who have served our country by supporting veteran causes, mentoring veteran entrepreneurs, and even potentially hiring veterans. In addition, we see how veterans can serve companies by leveraging their past experiences and training that can translate to common tasks in administration, management, project management, etc. Can you imagine how a trained and professional veteran with a sense of duty could serve your community or business?
Creative Ideas to show your Appreciation
If you are wondering how to show support, here are some creative ideas to show your appreciation.
- Display the American Flag at your home or business
- Share stories and memories from military members you know or who are related to you
- Show your support on social media using hashtags such as #MilitaryAppreciationMonth
- Share, like, comment, post, and re-post on social media to put a spotlight on National Military Appreciation Month events and observances
- Send a care package to a soldier
- Distribute goodies and/or handwritten cards to military members you know or those in your community
- See someone in uniform or know a veteran? Thank them for their service or surprise them with a coffee, dessert or drink if they are in line with you
- Businesses can honor and recognize the month through their websites, social media, and newsletters
- Donate to a veteran or military charity
- Reach out to a veteran or military family in need
- Hire a veteran
- Visit and spend time with a veteran someone you know
- Educate others that it’s National Military Appreciation Month and encourage them to show their appreciation
- Or simply take the time to thank a veteran.
We encourage you to honor and appreciate military members throughout the month of May but in the month of May, there are specific Holidays that help us show our appreciation.
May's National Days of Veteran Recognition
Here is a calendar of upcoming veteran holidays to celebrate this month.
Date: May 1st
Take this day as an opportunity to reflect on the freedoms you gain by being an American.
Public Service Recognition Week (PSRW)
Date: Sunday, May 1 – Saturday, May 7, 2022
A time set aside to honor the men and women who serve our nation as federal, state, county and local government employees and ensure that our government is the best in the world.
Military Spouse Appreciation Day
Date: Friday, May 6th, 2022
Spouses share the burden of service and also play an important role in supporting our troops during their military careers. Take this day to honor those spouses.
Armed Forces Day
Date: Saturday, May 21st, 2022
Come together with other citizens to thank those serving in the different U.S. Military branches and to honor them together.
Date: Monday, May 30th, 2022
Memorial day is a day to remember our veterans and to commemorate those who have died during their military service. Each of us as Americans are encouraged to pause, wherever we are, at 3:00 pm to have a minute of silence.
In addition to national holidays, you may want to check for local events and celebrations in your community. This is an important time for us as Americans to come together and show our support and patriotism for our great nation.
And remember, just because May is National Military Appreciation Month doesn’t mean you can show your support all year long! In fact, not too long from now will be Veterans Day
Date: Friday, Nov 11th, 2022
Celebrate and honor all who have served in the United States Armed Forces both past and present.